Our courses are aimed at beginner to intermediate level enthusiasts. Although we specialise in vintage and classic cars (Pre 1990), owners of more modern vehicles are also welcome.
Courses are held at our modern, fully equipped Kings Park workshop, 5 minutes from the M2/M7 interchange in Sydney.
Scroll down for reviews.
Modules for Owners and Enthusiasts
Each module is 2 hours – $60 plus GST
2 to 6 participants
Please click on the subject heading for more information, dates, times and on-line bookings.
- Buying a classic car – finding bargains and avoiding lemons.
- Reliability and value retention – keeping your car reliable and maintaining its investment value while minimising maintenance costs.
- Electrical fault finding and fixing – symptoms, work arounds and get you home fixes for electrical problems which are the most common cause of breakdown.
- Engine tuning fundamentals – carburation adjustment, ignition timing, cam timing, etc. for maintaining a healthy and powerful engine.
- Avoiding Mechanical Failure Accidents – keeping brakes and steering reliable, tuned and safe – failure of these items can cause catastrophic damage.
- Tuning your Suspension – roadholding, handling tweaks to make your car handle like a race car.
We also offer Drop in classes –work alongside us as we repair, maintain and restore our cars. From $40 for 3 hours. 2 – 4 participants.
Services for Owners and their cars
- Workshop hire – use our hoists, equipment and tools to work on your car by yourself.
- Engine diagnostics – bring your car to us and run full diagnostics with our equipment and guidance.
- Safety and reliability audit – where you use our checklists, equipment and guidance to critique your car.
- Pre Purchase inspection - review your potential purchase with our pre purchase check list and guidance.
- Coached servicing – carry out routine service on your car under our guidance.
- One on one coaching – work on your car with our guidance.
- Engine building – work in a dedicated workspace with our equipment – and help if need it.
From $20 per hour plus GST
1 to 2 participants
We also offer Engine Building Classes – over 3 x 2 hour sessions you will learn to strip, inspect, measure and rebuild a complete engine. $180 plus GST. 2 – 4 participants.
Please call 0407 287329 for more details
Testimonials from clients
- What a great place to learn and listen to the experts. A professional setting where you can drive your classic car in or watch and learn on other cars and learn about your specific areas you’d like to know or learn, most importantly getting your hands dirty and do this yourself with their supervision, if you chose to do so. I truly learnt so much from these two gents, it’s nice to know where you get genuine learning experience where your hobby can be much more than just driving. Cheers John (Dodge Coronet 1966 – Mopar, Chrysler/Dodge Fan)
- “Wow what a great morning! Thanks so much Keith for your time & experience during our intro maintenance session. I look forward to spending more time at the workshop and learning lots as we start to update and care for our Mk2 Jaguar.” Graham and Michael – Safety and reliability audit.
- Thanks again for the workshop – had a great time and very useful for someone my level to get familiar with things on the car. Matt – Safety and reliability audit
- Great service & these guys are classic car afficionados & really know their stuff.. their passion shines through & their knowledge is second to none…Andrew – coached servicing
- I got them to project manage the building of a 1985 Cadillac stretch limousine rally car for outback rallies. Everyone said it was impossible but we built it and we made it there and back thanks to all their help and guidance. A great fun project. Chris – project management
- What a gem of a find. Excellent workshop with hoist – and having Keith and the guys on hand to assist with the more complicated stuff is great – as is their patience in teaching and the imparting of such a wealth of knowledge. Always look forward to being able to make time to get out there. Shay – Coached maintenance
- This place has everything you need to work on your car yourself! I saved heaps of money and was able to do the work myself. Keith is a wealth of knowledge and incredibly helpful. Michael – workshop hire.
- The drop in classes are a great way to experience first hand whats under the bonnet of some classic vintage cars. This was a rare treat for my son Josh who is looking to enter the automotive mechanical field next year. The price is also incredibly reasonable for this level of opportunity learning from the very experienced team at VCCH. Highly recommended. Michael – drop in class
- Whilst I’ve previously done the classic maintenance course with my own car, my family have NO experience in cars (or even tools). We rocked up for a morning ‘maintenance’ session on Sat morning and ended up pulling the engine and gearbox out of a 1979 MGB!! It was fabulous fun to get hands on and dirty, and Keith and Harry were fantastic at supporting us! We highly recommend. Carolyn and family – Drop in class
- really enjoyed enjoyed getting rid of the gremlins in my old stang with guys who have the patience that these old bangers need two thumbs up for keith and the guys. Colin – coached maintenance.
Great workshop & tutors – I learned a lot in my time in their shop and recommend Vintage & Classic Car Hub for all your needs. Graham – workshop hire.
- The “drop in classes” are great way to experience first hand whats under the bonnet of some classic vintage cars. This was a rare treat for my son Josh who is looking to enter the automotive mechanical field next year. The price is also incredibly reasonable for this level of opportunity learning from the very experienced team at VCCH. Highly recommended. Tim – Drop in class.
- Needed a new engine built for a 1969 BMW 1600/2. Harry and Keith sorted it out with no problems. Would recommend any day of the week. Luke – Engine building.
- I’ve used this place twice and it’s been a life saver. My car is definitely not vintage or classic! There’s a full array of tools and specialised tools available to use which is included in the price. Every time I needed something, Keith had it for me! There’s nothing you can’t do in this place and if you don’t know how you can hire out Keith and have him walk you through it. I think the rates are very fair and it’ll be cheaper than paying someone else. I drove from near the airport and I got my unlicensed car licenced and driving like a million bucks. Michael Workshop hire